The Ice and Snow track by Ice Driving Academy is unique not only in Bulgaria, but on the whols Balkan Peninsula. The track is 1100 meters long, all ice and snow. The track has specially designed corners, allowing training of different safety maneuvers, rally driving sessions, and generall fun! Driving on the track is the perfect opportunity to learn how your car behaves in hard winter conditions. And the most important: all this is happening in a safe and controlled environment. Don't let the winter surprise you anymore 🙂
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all events will be without physical contact
- No alcohol use before or during the track sessions.
- No aggressive attitude is allowed
- To ensure the safety of all users, you must obey all orders by the Ice Driving Academy instructors and marshalls
- A 250 euro (500lv) deposit is required when renting a car on the track. Credit/Debit cards are accepted.
- The track is dependent on weather conditions. If the weather is warm, sessions can be cancelled, to preserve the track surface.
The track is in Rila mountain, very near the ski resort Borovets.
When you get at Govedartsi, keep on the main road. When you reach this intersection turn right. You will go over a bridge and continue on a dirt road. The road is accessible with most cars, but make sure they are prepared for winter driving. 4×4 cars are recommended.
From Sofia, you can reach the track by following the road to Samokov. After that, follow the signs to Govedartsi. The trip usually takes about 1:30 hours.
From Borovets, you can reach the track in 20-30 minutes. You can take the mountain road between Borovets and Beli Iskar village, or go through the main road through Samokov.
Don’t forget that the track is in the mountain and you may meet wild animals on the road.